HTVH COVID-19 update 3/22/2020
Dear Happy Tales friends and family,
We hope this message finds you happy and healthy! As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we wanted to take a moment to update you on our policies and procedures during this confusion. At this time, we are still considered an essential service and will continue to function and operate with our normal business hours until further notice. Our precautionary measures include keeping our waiting area empty, maintaining social distance, extensive cleaning between patients, and not allowing clients or employees inside the building who are showing any symptoms that could be consistent with COVID-19 infection.
As of Monday 3/23/2020 we will be converting to curbside service only unless extenuating circumstances occur such as imminent medical emergencies or euthanasia’s. We will continue to see ill and critical patients. At this point we will be scheduling for future wellness appointments and elective procedures starting 2 weeks from now per our government’s recommendations.
What to expect when you arrive at Happy Tales
*Please stay in your vehicle and have your pet on a leash or in their carrier*
- Please call or text us when you are in our parking lot.
- When admitting your pet to the hospital (for examination, diagnostics, and/or treatment, surgery) and then picking them up at a later time can be arranged if it is best for your schedule
- Our team will be out to discuss your pet’s health and then they will take your pet in for evaluation with our veterinarian
- After your pet has been examined our team will bring your pet back to your car
- From there the veterinarian will call you or come to your car to discuss recommendations
We recommend staying in your own home whenever possible and are available over the phone if you are unsure whether or not your pet needs to be seen by our veterinarians. Please keep in mind that several of our employees have opted to take time off during this crisis. Additionally, several veterinary hospitals in our area have truncated hours. Please be patient with us as we will do our best to efficiently expedite your visit at the hospital and answer your phone calls. For more information regarding COVID-19, we recommend you visit the websites for the CDC and Pennsylvania’s Department of Health. And remember, our online store is fully functional and can have medications and food delivered straight to your doorstep.
Dr. Charles Yurkon, Jennifer Yurkon and the Happy Tales Team